Frequently asked questions

Get answers to the most popular questions.

Police Clearance Certificates

What is a South African Police Clearance Certificate?
Also known as PCC, Police Clearance, Arrest Record, Certificate of Good Conduct and Criminal Record, a police clearance certificate is an A4 certificate issued by the Criminal Record Centre of the South African Police Service (SAPS). These certificates are official documents issued as a result of a background check by SAPS declaring that a criminal record is either absent or present. These records my may include arrest, conviction, and possibly criminal proceedings.
Visa Logistics offers the fastest, safest and most reliable police clearance certificate facilitation in Southern Africa! We expedite PCC’s within 5 to 7 business days and can assist you from anywhere in the world!
Visit your local South African Embassy / official fingerprint taker / local police station and get your fingerprints done. Your application will consist of your ORIGINAL FINGERPRINTS and please add a COPY OF YOUR PASSPORT. This application must be couriered to our office in South Africa. A South African police clearance certificate can only be issued by the Criminal Record Centre of the SAPS.

If you were found guilty and charged, this offence will be recorded, irrespective of the charge. Minor offences like drunk and disorderly and shop lifting will also appear if charged, as well as admissions of guilt.

If a criminal case was opened and the investigating officer took your warning statement and fingerprints, this pending case will also appear on your clearance certificate.

Bad credit record/debt and traffic fines.

When a person is endorsed as wanted, a certificate will not be issued until the wanted status is removed from the person’s name.

Normal processing with SAPS can take up to 6-8 weeks. Here at Visa Logistics we can expedite within 5 working days.

  • Processing at SAPS will take 5 to 7 business days.
  • If you have a prior conviction or criminal background, processing can take 10 working days, or longer.
  • If we collect your application and deliver your completed certificate, 2 days will be added to the length of processing.
  • Courier can be longer depending on where in South Africa / abroad you stay.
  • In extreme urgent cases, we can facilitate certificates within 3 working days at an added fee.

Yes. Should you require a police clearance certificate for presentation in any of the countries associated with the Hague Convention then we can assist with having it apostilled.

If you require your police clearance certificate to be authenticated, apostilled, translated or simply just couriered to a different office, we can assist you from A-Z, without you having to lift a finger.

6 months from date of stamp.

The process and time to expedite your Police clearance application will depend on the following:

New applications:

  1. We will collect your application from your work or home address with our courier team.
  2. We will send your application overnight to our team at SAPS.
  3. Processing will begin the very next working day.
  4. Processing takes 5 working days.
  5. We will courier your completed PCC to your home or work address.

Applications from abroad:

  1. Applicants are to courier their fingerprints to our office in Cape Town or Johannesburg.
  2. We will send your application overnight to our team at SAPS.
  3. Processing will begin the very next working day.
  4. Processing takes 5 working days.

We work with an amazing courier company who treats all our Criminal Record Centre collections with great priority. Most certificates are couriered overnight for clients to receive the next morning before 11AM.

Delivery times may differ depending on location.

For more information they should contact us directly and we can assist.
Yes, Reprints are allowed for request before 3 months of date stamp on the PCC. Applicant will need to redo fingerprints and reapply once the 3 month validity has expired.

English. We do offer translation services and will assist you seamlessly until completion.

Document Attestation

What is the general procedure for stamping documents?

Understanding the requirements of the country you wish to travel to. Do you require apostille or attestation?

Documents needing to be attested will be sent directly to the Embassy of the country you wish to travel to. Middle Eastern embassies provide stamps and authentication that are higher than the Notary Public, High Court, Department of Basic & Higher Education, HPCSA and DIRCO.

Documents needing apostille will be sent to the relative offices for stamping/authentication. This will add to your processing timeline.

The processing timeline is solely dependent on which Embassy you require stamping from and the documents in question.

You may attest any original educational qualification, unabridged birth, marriage and death certificates.

The majority of documents that are required to be attested can only be attested in Pretoria as this is where DIRCO (The Department of International Relations and Cooperation a.k.a Foreign Affairs) is located.
In order for documents to be attested they have to go to one or more of the following places:

  • Notary Public and the High Court
  • Departments of Basic and Higher Education as well as Umalusi
  • HPCSA (Health Professions Council of South Africa)
  • The Relevant Embassy / Consulate

An Apostille is a form of authentication issued for documents that will be used in countries that participate in the Hague Convention.

Authentications refer to countries that are not members of the Apostille Convention and require different forms and certifications. The process is similar to obtaining an apostille; however it requires the additional Embassy Legalization by the Embassy of the country in which the document is to be presented.

Here at Visa Logistics, we have formed strong bonds with all embassies in South Africa and we specialise in facilitating documents within these embassies. In our years of dealing with these particular embassies, we have grown to understand their requirements and regulations. We pride ourselves in producing services in the fastest time possible. We understand the deadlines of life and the strenuous admin that comes with it. That’s why we offer full services of collecting your documents locally, facilitating and delivering back to your doorstep.

United Arab Emirates Visa

Is it mandatory for me to obtain a visa to enter Dubai as well as UAE?

Yes, an entry visa is mandatory for all non-UAE citizens to travel to UAE. It is not applicable for citizens of the GCC nations, such as Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Qatar, Kuwait, and Oman.

Yes, all children and infants traveling with their non-UAE citizen parent will require a visa to enter the UAE. All Dubai and UAE visa application forms for persons aged less than 18 years must be signed by a parent or legal guardian.

No prior arrangement for visa is required for nationals visiting to Dubai from certain European, North American, and Far East countries. These include Australia, Austria, Belgium, France, France, Germany, Iceland, Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan, Malaysia, Portugal, UK, and USA, among others. Since the list of visa-waiver countries is subject to change, be sure to inquire with your local embassy or airlines service provider to update yourself on the latest visa policies, before your visit to Dubai.

The simplest and most effective way would be to use a visa facilitation company like Visa Logistics, where you can apply online, and let them do the work for you. Alternatively, your relative or friend in the UAE can also apply for a visa on your behalf.

Depending on the duration or number of days you wish to spend in the UAE, as well as the purpose different types of visas include tourist visa, transit visa, work, student, medical, exhibitions/festivals/conference/government and visit visa.

Over the past 10 years we have assisted more than 24,000 travellers to Dubai in acquiring over 60,000 visas. With Visa Logistics, you can expect:

  • Visa facilitation happens within 3-4 working days
  • You can fly with any airline!
  • No need for bank details!
  • No need for a travel itinerary!
  • Simply send us the required information and pay

For your electronic visa, you’ll have to submit passport-size colour photo, along with a scanned copy of your Bio Page of your passport with minimum six months validity at the time of travel.

Even though it will take only 3 to 4 working days for the processing of your visa, it is recommended you apply for your visa in advance. This will help for on-time processing of your visa while assuring you of a hassle-free trip to Dubai and the UAE. 

Yes, you can book your tickets to Dubai before applying for a visa.

At Visa Logistics we issue eVisa’s which are much quicker than traditional paper visas stamped into your passport. As a result, Visa processing usually take 3 to 4 working days. But this largely depends on the prompt submission of required documents as well as the meeting of eligibility norms. 

Costs quoted by Visa Logistics are inclusive of our Visa Facilitation Fee as well as the cost of the actual visa. The cost will vary depending on the length of our stay and whether it is single or multiple entries.

Please note: Cost are per person per visa, and are subject to change. To inquire about your visa application fee or discuss any visa-related query, call our travel experts on (+27) 021 418 1843 or email to info@visalogistics.co.za. We’ll promptly respond to your questions on visa.


Once we have received all your documentation and payment, we will send you a confirmation email. We will also keep you up to date with the status of your application every step of the way. You can also get in touch with our visa agents to know your visa application status.

This is not possible, as the UAE immigration authority do not recompense for the rejected visa applications.

No. The UAE immigration authorities, at most, do not reveal the reasons for the refusal of a visa.

Yes, you can apply for visa again, provided you carefully meet qualifying criteria.

Once your visa is processed, it will be sent to your email.  

Apart from facing legal actions and payment of hefty overstay penalties, you will not be eligible to reapply for UAE visa in future. 

Saudi Arabia Visa

How long does my passport need to be valid for?

You must be in possession of a valid US passport and have at least 6 months of validity from the time you will enter Saudi Arabia in order to be eligible for a KSA work visa.

  • You must submit the passport which your employer in KSA has on file to process the visa
  • If you need to change/renew your passport, please notify one of our Saudi Arabian Specialists ASAP
  • Your passport must have TWO side by side adjacent pages AND they cannot be the amendment pages
  • We can assist you in having additional pages added to your passport; this will not affect any of the information need to process your application, however additional services fees may be applied.

Your passport must be signed on the line above “signature of bearer.” If it is unsigned, it will be returned back to you for signing

Your passport MUST be in good condition and if we deem it unacceptable for processing, you will be required to renew your passport

You need to send your actual passport as your visa will be affixed to the passport pages

Turkey Visa

Do I need any vaccinations before going to Turkey?

There are no mandatory vaccinations before traveling to Turkey.

No. The validity period of your e-Visa begins from the date specified in your application. You can enter Turkey on any date within this period.

No. Depending on which passport you hold. Some passport holders get single entry visas and others get Multiple-entry visas.

You need a passport and visa to travel to Turkey. Passports should be valid for at least 90 days from the date of entry into Turkey. If you are traveling as a tourist, you can purchase a tourist visa at a Turkish Embassy or Consulate in the United States, or you can purchase a sticker visa at the Turkish airport or other port of entry for $20 (U.S.) cash. There is one exception: foreigners who are traveling to Turkey by cruise ship are allowed to enter Turkey without a visa for a maximum period of 72 hours, with the permission given by the local security authorities at the port of entry.

Effective February 1, 2012, a new law took effect allowing a maximum stay of 90 days within a 180-day period. The new regulation will not make any changes to the visa requirements for travel to Turkey, but it will affect how long U.S. citizens can remain in Turkey. If you are planning to stay in Turkey for more than 90 days within a 180-day period, you must get a Turkish residence permit. U.S. citizens who enter Turkey with a tourist visa and who wish to stay in Turkey for tourism purposes for longer than 90 days are now able to get a residence permit for tourism purposes for a maximum period of six months. This will allow U.S. citizens to stay in Turkey for tourism purposes for up to a total of nine months.

In order to obtain a tourist residence permit or any other class of residence permit, please contact the nearest Foreigners Police office in Turkey. The U.S. Embassy strongly urges U.S Citizens to not overstay their visas and to maintain valid residence permits at all times. Turkish authorities do enforce the laws, including those stipulating fines, deportation, and bans on future travel to Turkey for people who overstay their visas or do not maintain valid residence permits.

Foreigners who have overstayed their visas, residence permits, or visa-exempt periods and are subject to a fine can also benefit from the residence permit procedure as long as they pay the related fines.

Turkey practices safe sanitation standards & tap water is suitable for bathing & regular tasks such as brushing teeth. However, as it is heavily chlorinated (especially in summer) it is advisable to drink bottled water. Locals also drink bottled water delivered in 20 - 25 litre containers to their homes -workplaces. We recommend that visitors follow local custom & drink bottled water.

Casual wear is appropriate for most tour excursions. Women wear pants or skirts, but when visiting mosques it is recommended that they cover their heads with a scarf & both sexes should not wear shorts out of respects for religious customs.

The most favourable season for travel in Turkey generally runs between early April & late October. During the off-season, temperatures are much cooler & snow is possible in mountainous areas. Many visitors enjoy the spring & fall, with their mild weather & small crowds. Coastal regions are particularly popular during the summer. These include resort areas along the Aegean & Mediterranean coast with beaches & yachting facilities. The coastline, especially between Izmir & Antalya, features numerous coves & bays & many nearby ancient cities & is perfect for yachting.

Turkey also enjoys many spectacular rivers. They are ideal for canoeing, skiing & rafting. Mountaineering is also popular in mountain ranges throughout Turkey in spring & summer. The high plateaus of the Eastern Black Sea Region are covered by colourful flowers & green pasture during spring & summer. Naturists will enjoy the diversity of fauna & flora as well as the heart-stopping splendour of the surrounding landscape. Central & Eastern Turkey can receive large accumulations of snow & snow skiing is a favourite winter pastime. Turkey has several ski centers, which are generally open from December through April depending on snow conditions.

Kuwait Visa

Will the visa fee be refunded if the visa is rejected?

This is not possible as the Kuwait Embassy will not refund for a rejection station

No, you do not we can have your passport stamped on your behalf at the Embassy.

You require a valid passport with a minimum of 12 months validity & passport should have at least 3 blank pages.

Unabridged Birth certificate, certified copies of parent’s ID’s + consent letter from each parent not accompanying the minor.

5 to 7 business days once the applications have been submitted at the Embassy.

Chinese Visa

Do I need a visa to visit China's mainland?

Foreign citizens generally need a visa to visit China's mainland with the exception of visa-free entry according to relevant agreements and regulations. (See Exemption of visa for more information.)

U.S. citizens must obtain a visa before arrival in China. You are not eligible for a landing visa.

Once your visa application is processed and approved, you will not be able to change a visa type or validity unless you request the visa be voided by the Visa Office and apply and pay for a new one. If you have entered China, you should apply to the local Public Security authority for a change in visa type or an extension of stay or validity. Your application will be considered by the Public Security authority in accordance with relevant Chinese Laws and Regulations.

Yes, you may travel with both passports provided that your visa is still valid and the personal details including your name, sex, date of birth and nationality on both passports are exactly the same.

A visa is not a guarantee to enter China. The decision on whether or not you will be allowed to enter China is made at a port of entry by Chinese Border Control authority in accordance with Chinese Laws and Regulations. Why I was granted a different type of visa with what I applied for?

The consular officers will determine whether or not to grant a visa and its category, validity and permitted duration of stay. The decision is final unless there is an technical error on the visa.

Yes. Express service is available for an additional fee. You need to make such request to our staff while submitting your application. Please note that not all applications can be expedited as some requires longer processing time.

You need to prepare your valid passport, duly completed and signed visa application form, a passport photo, and supporting documents based on the purpose of your trip.

Your passport must valid at least for one year, and not altered/damaged/smudged in any way. Make sure you TYPE to complete and sign an up-to-date version of visa application form (V2013). You must provide true, complete and accurate answers to each question on the form. The form needs to be signed by the applicant (or a parent /guardian in case of a minor). Only original signature is accepted.

You must provide one color, passport-type photo that meets the following criteria: be taken within the last six months against a white background and printed on high-quality photo paper; 2'x2' in size; showing the full frontal view of you head without any headwear.

The invitation letter may be in the form of fax, photocopy or computer printout, and must be signed by the inviter and/or company seal in case of a business invite. An applicant may be required to provide the original invitation letter as deemed necessary by a consular officer.


If you travel to China on multiple purposes, you may submit your application based on your main purpose and provide supporting documents accordingly.

You should report the loss to local public security authorities as soon as possible and go to your country's embassy or consulate in China to apply for a replacement passport or travel document. After that, you must go to the local public security authorities to apply for a new entry and exit visa.

No. You must leave mainland China if you need to apply for a new visa. Or you may apply for an extension of visa from the local public security authorities in China.

If you are a U.S. citizen, you need to apply for mainland China visa only. For non-U.S. citizens, if you are not eligible for a short-term visa-free visit to HKSAR/Macao SAR, you will need to apply both mainland China visa AND HKSAR/Macao SAR visa.

You may use your residence permit (placed on your passport and similar to a visa) issued by the local public security authority to enter and exit China during the validity of the residence permit. No other visa is needed.

If you are a Chinese Permanent Resident Card holder, you don't need a visa to enter China during the validity of your Permanent Resident Card.